Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chapter 10 and Epilogue of Rethinking

The end of this book was the most influential for me than any other chapter.  It really gave me that push to want to go out there and make a change in the world and in our education systems today.  I really liked how at one point the authors gave their ideas and feelings on the subject.  This made the book a lot more personal and more easily able to relate to.  One of the statistics they talked about that really made me think and definetly want to get out there and do something about is the fact that only a small percentage of people with a C average graduate from college.  This really got me thinking and made me want to do something about it.

This whole book has impacted my views not only on technology but also on education.  It has made me realize that change is hard and not always eaily welcomed, but that sometimes it is for the best.  The biggest thing that this book has made me realize is how sometimes we as teachers might not always want to or be willing to do something (example: welcome change) but as teachers we give up that right to only think about ourselves.  Instead we are expected to think about our students and do whats best for them.  And that is one thing I plan to always do in my future teaching career: always try to do whats best for my students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment